Liberty Baptist Church was founded in 1830 with 25 members. There is no record of the first building used by Liberty, but a meeting house was built and dedicated in 1852 on the site of the current white building. During the Civil War, Confederate troops burned the bridge at Diascund Creek (the creek beside the church) to slow the advance of the Union Army. The Union soldiers removed the flooring and sills from the church building to rebuild the bridge. This created some hardship, but it’s told that the members still met sitting on bales of hay on the ground.
Many years have passed between then and now; but today, the church family at Liberty still carries the vision set forth by those 25 dedicated souls who saw a need for a place of worship in 1830. We love God and love people, so we persevere in sharing God's love in our church and in our community. It's our prayer that we can share His love with you!